Tuesday 1 July 2014

Getting my arse into gear

it was all about the glutes today
01.07.2014

Having a weedy middle-aged arse is not going to help in my bid to become faster. The Assembly League results from last Thursday prove that. A shaming 22.49 on the flat, and the Kent woman in front of me, whom I could not catch, was more generously built around the haunches.
So thanks, Erik Lee, of Team Shape U, for the very precise glute firing speed exercise you put me through today. I hope I shall feel the burn tomorrow.
The circuit was five rounds of ball slams (with squats) in and out low hurdles (with running backwards, legs bent), scorpion (getting better at that), pedalling, oblique twists and glute firings with weight. I felt quite achey while doing them.
This evening, at Kent AC, a few of us were singled out for a photographer; guess he chose me as token oldie. We did 6x800m (Yasso 800s). I was the slwest ofthe fast group, but ok.
Lack of sleep is making me a bit dim and forever hungry, so I have taken ibruprofen and natrasleep herbal pills. I hope they cosh me into oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment