Sunday 20 July 2014

Countryfile

The Gallop
20.07.2014

Day 99

An early morning long slow run in the Somerset countryside. It was a good opportunity to run when exceedingly tired, breathing good west country air and trying out some hilly trails. After only a few hours sleep the past two nights I am not exactly running strong, but I was out there, on my feet, for a couple of hours, and covered about 13 miles, with stops for photography and asking random farmers where to go. I managed a few hills, a muddy ex railway track and tried to keep to marathon pace. Unlike the racehorses in Paul Nichols's yard, just round the corner from my mother-in-law's house in Ditcheat, a fresh new July morning does not see me champing at the bit to run up hills as fast as possible, but the main thing is that I put on my shorts, donned trail shoes and (more or less) kept to my marathon training schedule. In the next four weeks I  need to build up the mileage to 22-23 on a Sunday. At least I can rely on next weekend to be a serious running one. The TR 24 approacheth.
Hello countryside

No comments:

Post a Comment