Monday 14 July 2014

Office world

Swans in Burgess Park
14.07.2014
Day 93

The best thing about being back in an office environment is that I am cycling to Soho and back every day for a week. The worse thing is that I am expected to sit on my arse for seven hours a day.
It's fab working in Soho, though. There are so many places to buy an interesting lunch (although I should be packing up healthy salads to bring in, rather than blowing fivers on shop-bought ones) and I can pretend I work all the time on a weekly magazine, instead of being a jobbing sub for a week while someone's away. My line manager, the deputy chief sub, is safe in his salaried job so can swim at Marshall Street baths of a lunch time. I'm so busy putting on a conscientious show that I scuttle out to eat in the nearest square, then scuttle back within 45 minutes.
In term of fitness, there's the 15 miles cycled, as well as the stairs taken two at a time to my desk. Not as good for my arse as floor 7, where I worked for so many months on the Strand, but better than a poke in the butt cheek with a sharp stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment