Sunday 13 July 2014

Bone grinding fatigue

Lowering skies over the Greenwich Peninsula
13.07.2014

Day 92

Footsore and fuzzy headed after yesterday's high jinks and sugar excesses on Wandsworth Common, I set out to meet running buddy Sarah for a 10-12 miler with a Camelbak given the extreme humidity. By mile 7 I was flagging, and mindful that I'd raced a great 15 miler cross country this time last week. Funny how fatigue goes. I slept well these past two nights, but not long enough, making rising and running a huge challenge. I wonder if this drained feeling is down to a weird episode of menstrual hyperactivity. I am currently enduring a period every fortnight, which is odd. I suppose it is one of the many joys of perimenopause.
I should have done another five miles after Sarah and I parted company at Hillyfields, but I was drenched in sweat and had run out of water. I spent the rest of the day sitting at this laptop, cooking and eating. My hip flexors ache like crazy and I am worried about the week ahead in an unknown office. Again, not training seriously enough and my stomach HUGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment