Wednesday 23 July 2014

Runner being

Not my beans, unfortunately
23.07.2014
Day 102
Feeling sore on two counts – yesterday's training has caused muscle soreness,  but I'm deeply aggrieved by my lack of success on the runner front – runner beans, that is. The snails have eaten every single leaf from the plants that were climbing proudly up their bamboo wigwams. The beans pictured are casually growing up the fencing outside the British Legion in Brockley. This place has a lovely vegetable garden. Mine is mollusc city. I keep reading that fresh fruit and vegetables are the runners most useful health aid, but so many of my efforts to grow my vitamins fail.
My training today was confined to about 25 lengths of the local pool, which knackered me. My vegetables at dinner were courtesy of Riverford Farms, supplemented by Aldi.

No comments:

Post a Comment