Wednesday 16 July 2014

Speedo fit

Water palaver
16.07.2014
Day 94

When the day dawns bright blue and  I am wide awake before 6am, feeling hot and sticky, a recovery swim seems so much more attractive than a recovery run. There isn't time enough before work to travel to the local lido, so I cycled 10mins to my nearest pool and managed about 20 lengths (it's only 35m) before breakfast. Even though I can only really do a very shabby breast stroke, I feel good . Just imagine how I would feel if I mastered a smooth front crawl, swallowed my fears and learned to love the water. It is on my summer agenda to invest in some lessons. Reading an advertorial by Speedo about the benefits of swimming for the runner, I'm even more sold on the idea. I have my smart new costume, after all. I don't like how fat I look in it. More reason to burn up the calories in cool blue water.


No comments:

Post a Comment