Tuesday 22 July 2014

Being special (like vintage wine, mature cheddar etc etc)

That's me on the elastic
22.07.2014
Day 101

A monster Tuesday. Erik Lee training in the morning, and track speed session in the evening. All very hot, but enjoyably aching and buzzing in the aftermath.
As usual Erik was a delight. When I arrived I was dismayed to see the Vertimax all set up. I don't like it, and told Erik so. He took it on the chin. I know that the Vertimax is hugely popular for speed and strength training in the US, and that its success rate is legendary. Fact is, I find it a step too far. I'm aware that my religious attendance at Erik's circuit training every Tuesday and Thursday is, for  a 51 year old woman, slightly desperate. I told Erik I was self-conscious all hooked up to the thing and standing on a platform, 'at my age'. He frowned and said that at any age we should try to stay the best we can, perform the best we can, because 'we are all special'. He is completely right of course, and of course he makes a living from mature women who want to run faster and resist the onset of spherical middleage.
 I felt better  after three cicuits of weighted sprinting (pictured), step ups, cross bow, soldier crawl (?), 3D and boxing.
This evening's session: 1xmile warm up, strides, then 1m speed (6.40 m/m), followed by 1200m, then 800m, then 6x200m. Then 1m cool down. And I felt sooo good.
www.tsu.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment