Thursday 24 July 2014

Weedy

Neglected: the track at Southwark Park



24.07.2014
Day 103

To Erik at Team Shape_U, accompanied by my mate Jannet, also of Kent AC and one of the Gazelles of Greenwich Park (Friday morning 6am training). Her presence on the circuit training brought an edge of competition to the mix, although I was still feeling pretty spent from Tuesday. One of the elements this warm morning was torture block, which involves running between two step-block points, building a tower at one end by removing the blocks off the other. It is very difficult to describe this process. Suffice to say it's quick and concentrated and today kept making me dizzy. I would have to put my head between my knees after one minute's shuttling. These episodes of dizziness and weakness kept occurring through the day, and at dinner, I felt a nasty pain in my temple and my eyes went blurry. I am hoping this is mere fatigue, nothing more sinister.
After Erik's training we jumped on our bikes and cycled to Southwark Park to Jannet's Buggy Runners class. She's leading this for Greenwich Pilates (more info here)
The Southwark Park sessions are free to people in L&Q housing, but it's still difficult to drum up clients. It made me wonder whether I'd have joined in with such an initiative as a 26-year-old new mum. I certainly needed friends, but went the NCT route. More cake.
It was a beautiful morning, in a  beautiful urban park, but there weren't may people about, let alone runners, and if you look at the state of the once lovely athletics track and neglected clubhouse, it makes you glad for Ladywell. Lewisham rules.  I'm sure Erik would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment