Friday 18 July 2014

A steamy session

The topless Matty in the background might raise a few eyebrows, given the title
18.07.2014
Day 97

Last night July storms caused a commotion and resulted in myriad forked lightning and Shard combos on the blogosphere. I was too lazy to get off my very hot bed to take a shot out of the window, but not too lazy to rise at 5am for or very early Greenwich Hills session, We Are Gazelles style.
I don't run so well in hot weather. This morning was incredibly steamy, with the last vestiges of rain from the overnight storms still in the air, like a sauna.
We ran multiple uphills, first the slats hill, starting at the top, and running between the cobbled sections, then steps, up and down between the platforms. We ran hard, with downhill recoveries. By 7am we were drenched in sweat and puce in the face, as is evident from the photo. The art bench I am sitting on commemorates great works of literature to do with London. They are all around Greenwich. This one is HG Wells, The Time Machine, I do like this little composition, it's so colourful, especially my pink face and lime green T.

No comments:

Post a Comment