Wednesday 2 July 2014

Proof positive

Thank you Berlin Marathon
02.07.2014
Happy message in my inbox today from Virgin London Marathon. My place in the precious blue start/Good For Age at the 2015 race is confirmed. The training seriously will be in earnest for April. Hell, I've started already, and am just about to sign upto another half marathon to show my earnest.
I am so excited. I will do it right this time. The email is pasted below.
Today I woke before 5am, so eyes are pissholes in snow (and wanted to look ok for a little soirée). I took a recovery run in my new Zoggs swimsuit, with the demure high neck and zip at the back - looks quite athletic. It does, I don't. Then a few languid lengths in the pool. Feel a bit depleted. And also bloated, and now, excited.


Dear Veronica Ronnie Haydon,

I can confirm your application for a 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon Good for Age entry has been verified.

In order to confirm and complete your Good for Age entry, please make a note of your username and password and follow the link to the 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon Good for Age entry system where you can complete the online entry form and pay for your entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment