Friday 11 July 2014

Jelly legs

Drownded rats sprint up hills shock
11.07.2014
Day 90

It was hill training in Greenwich Park again. A 6.15am start, with my lift arriving at 5.55am. My fellow hill sprinters roll out of bed and go, but I have to have a hot drink and a little cereal-based snack inside me. It tends to slosh around as I run, but I need that sweet comforter before I yawn my way to the front door. After the hour's running my appetite is huge for the subsequent eight hours, and fatigue plays tricks with my mind as the afternoon wears on. I am not sure if the beauty sleep deprivation is wise at my age. Look at the selfie and you will agree.
We did many variations of the theme of running up the steepest hill of beautful (very soggy today) Greenwich Park. I lose power but try to make my arms urge me up. I try to keep head up, shoulders back. I tire, I tire and wheeze and pant by the summit, Then there are many more repeats, followed by cricket pitch sprints on squelchy, slippery grass. It rains. My arse aches and a weary numbness fills my hip flexors. And there will be Parkrun.

No comments:

Post a Comment