Monday 7 July 2014

Head fog and fatigue

Beautiful, bracing, but no replacement for quality sleep
07.07.2014
Day 86

Early to rise, and with my running mate, Jannet, who did Bewl with me yesterday, to another large body of water, the beautiful Brockwell Lido, Herne Hill. At 6.30am, the only swimmers were serious front crawlers in hats and goggles. As a rubbish swimmer, I refused Jannet's offer of hat and goggles. I trembled up and down the 50m using a sedate breastroke, but felt weak and chilly. This lido is not heated, unlike my faves, London Fields and Charlton. I managed about 7 lengths before my numb feet and extreme tiredness took over. In that time, Jannet had racked up 20, using a beautiful, powerful front crawl.
Since the morning, the head fog has taken over, my eyes, legs, arms and neck are tired. My stomach hurts. I feel like a menopausal person. I cannot concentrate, and headaches over finances and middle son's year abroad have proved like impossible mountains to overcome.
The contrast between this clear, blue wholesome picture and the greyfaced, glumfaced, photographer sat at her laptop on this showery Monday could not be more marked.
I this the time to say, 'pull yourself together, only you can dig a way out of this.'
A walk, to clear my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment