Tuesday 8 July 2014

Oh why can't a woman be more like a power ranger?

Pow! Look at my Mighty Morphin double chin. That's me on the Vertimax
08.07.2014
Day 87

Erik Lee of Team Shape-U turned to me this morning and said
'Did you ever watch Power Rangers?'
Personal Trainers say the oddest things.
His point, he explained as my brow furrowed and I remembered one of my sons having a brief infatuation with a white-clad muscular Might Morphin figurine back in the 1990s, was that when these rangers braced up to lift meteors over their heads, or whatever they did, they engaged all of their muscles, not just a superficial flexion. And that, he said, is what I should be doing when I work against the resistance of these harnesses on the Vertimax. I have to say I feel very exposed up here. Dog walkers look at me funny. WTF am I doing, a 51 year old woman trying to improve her knee lift and 'explosive movements' on this instrument of torture?
On the other hand, who is to say that working on my middle aged muscle groups won't have a beneficial effect on my times, and if I am the first in my age group in the races I enter, that is good enough for me. In the world of V50, we are all superheroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment