Wednesday 9 July 2014

It's me hormones, doc

We're both getting old, irascible and unreliable
09.07.2014
Day 88

This morning I swam in the indoor pool before breakfast, and felt good immediately afterwards. In the main, though, I am less than chipper. Domestic stress and hormonal stress seem to be coming to the boil and rendering me incapable. Concentrating long enough to write a blog, either this blog or one for Women's Running Magazine, much less sort out my accounts and my desperate finances is beyond me. I am loath to cite the menopause as the cause of the stress, but the physical evidence is with me. I seem to be menstruating every fortnight. This is having a direct effect on my energy stores and appetite. A friend at Hillyfields Parkrun has recommended meditation to dissipate the panic and brain fog, but I am inclined to try to blitz it with running, cycling, swimming. I refuse to be slowed down by my middle aged womb. I shall ignore this, although it does put a dampener on my sex life.
Repeat after me, all you midlife runners. The menopause is a construct, there are no symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment