Monday 30 June 2014

Playtime in Pompey

Shell seeking and shingle shifting
30.06.2014

Rest day with a little cross training: core work on the mat, a cycle  to Waterloo and back

Monday is rest day; as the sun was shining, and in the absence of pressing deadlines, I took myself off to Southsea for the day, to send a little time with my dear sisterand her small grandchildren. As always on the day after a long run I felt ravenous and in need of many biscuits between meals. We ate our lunch in the Tennis Club Cafe near the beach, a handsome 1930s building with mismatched vintage furniture (where doesn't have mismatched vintage furniture these days?) Quiche and salad not quite enough for an old ostrich like me (running bird) on days like these. The ghrelin is at work, too, as I had a very disturbed night and awoke at 5 this morning. I see from another runner on Twitter that  the Good for Age places are being announced, but no one from Virgin London Marathon has contacted me, yet. I am so worried that the authorities will find some blip in my Berlin Marathon time to stop me claiming my place. That would render this whole blog and dogged daily training posts invalid too. Don't go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment