Wednesday 18 June 2014

Afterburn

A little bit of local honey soothes the soul
18.06.2014

On the programme today was a deadline for the piece I'm writing about running long and not losing weight, so no time for morning training.In any case I'm still feeling the after effects of yesterday morning's circuits with Erik and yesterday evening's track session with the club.
I do like the way my upper back feels after a session with boxing in it. I can pretend my bra strap over hang has been quite melted away, the ache and burn around the scapulas can almost convince me of that. Until I look in the mirror. Muscle definition is a hard earned thing. The women (of my age, it must be added) that have fat-free, muscle ridged upper backs and arms confess to working them hard. I started doing that with great gusto on the yoga mat this morning, but have done little this afternoon and evening, beyond wondering how best to use the extra training time I have, given the fallow period at work.
Here's a session I could easily fit in at home
3 x 1 minute plank
3 x 1 minute side planks
3 x bridges, alternating legs
3 x 10 press ups

There's a similar session oft tweeted by the Running Bug. Must make a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment