Tuesday 24 June 2014

Yoga with a View...to relaxing

That was the view this morning, from our exclusive, temporary yoga studio

24.06.2014

Members of the South Bank Centre were given privileged access to early morning yoga on the sixth floor of the Royal Festival Hall this morning. Our teacher was a smiley French woman called Aude. We did a lot of controlled breathing  and hip flexor stretching, downward dog but with toe joints and knees flexed and a long, long standing warrior. It was an opportunity to consider posture, which is all to the good in a runner. For me, it was a far cry from the usual Tuesday circuits devised by Erik, which I think I prefer because it's so much easier to avoid navel gazing when you're desperately trying to fit in as many tyre slams/squats/vicious punches as you can . The lassitude of these sultry June days, when I should be proactivel seeking work, but just lick my wounds in the garden, by the pool, on the yoga mat is resulting in a severe bout of world-wearyself pity. I think it is deep, bone tiredness, and the thought of going off to the track to train now is not filling me with joy.
Go I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment