Tuesday 17 June 2014

Is midlife middle jiggle inevitable?

Giving it some welly while to lose the belly
17.06.2014

'Bless you!' says Erik as I complain about feeling my gut wobble as I hammer away at the punchbag. I can't very well ask this middle aged family man why middle aged women always end up spherical. I'm discouraged. I train hard with Team Shape-U, and, still aching from the morning session, I fetch up at the track for taining, and Cach Adrian (another middle aged man) sets us running 2k, then 1K, then 800m then 400m then 4x200m as quick as we can, with warm up, warm down and strides. That's all hard work. I feel hungry, achey, tired and less than ready for the race on Sunday. My stomach is popping out and my waist is non existent.
The feature I've written for the mag is playing on my mind, because it's about endless running and gaining weight. I'll stick it on this blog once it's published. I wonder if I'm a hamster on a wheel though, and becoming the same shape and with much the same appetite for nuts, in the form of endless peanut butter and toast. So, what should I do? The kettlebell training that Suzie advocates?
Answers on a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment