Monday 23 June 2014

Charlton Lido

Lido love: perfect for cross training

23.06.2014

Swimming outdoors, such a pleasure, especially on a hot summer day. My local lido is a short cycle ride away, and in the absence of any pressing work that'll net me any dosh, I spent a fiver on a few 50m lengths of the now very smart Charlton Lido. It never used to be smart. I remember a rather gritty suburban chill zone (it's heated now) and Pot Noodles and Monster Munch in the Caff. It's all about Lifestyle now, though, and there's a shiny new gym attached. It's run by the same outfit that launched the London Fields Lido, which has been a huge success. Fortunately, Charlton is not so fashionable, so the pool is delightfull empty. Only managed 12 lengths, but the pool is 50m. That's long. And I'm tired, this is active recovery on a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment