Friday 6 June 2014

Cookery corner

06.06.2014
Friday rest day after last night's Assembly League Exertions. Recovering legs and over fatigue had me wide awake at 3.30am, stressing about work, money, domestics blah blah.
So no exercise, I wasn't going into the office, and my mate Ruth, currently cycling in Ecuador (blog: Contours of a Country), had posted about energy bars and why commercial ones are so ghastly. We've hatched a plan to start creating our own - all organic and chemical free. I reckon my raw brownies would fit the bill, so today I made a batch:

All you need is:
250g Walnuts
250g Dates and assorted mixed dried fruit
A couple of tablespoons really good cocoa powder
A little splash of flaxseed oil
A little bit of runny honey or agave nectar
I added a bit of peanut butter, you can replace some walnuts with desiccated coconut if you want.

Process your walnuts:
Then your fruit
Then add the other things




Then press it all into a china baking dish
Then refrigerate a few hours, before chopping into squares.

All I have to do is work out their wrapping and how long they might last.




No comments:

Post a Comment