Saturday 28 June 2014

Dethroned

Plenty of flapjacks if I feel like comfort eating
28.06.2014

Surprises at Parkrun this morning included Sarah Young finishing behind me (a qualified surprise really, since she had to stop and stretch her bad leg on the second lap) and an unknown old bird stealing my best in age category. I've been No1 in the V50-55 category ever since I turned 50, and I thought I'd be safe in my middle-aged kingdom, but it was not to be. As usual I shot off at the outset, determined to keep cadence quick and arms and leg moving fluidly, but after one hard lap the legs jellied, the arms flopped, the posture wilted and  I wheezed my way through the other two laps, trying, and failing, to sprint 10 second bursts, ever mindful that I want to shave 30 seconds off the PB before the summer's out. How did I do? Not well enough. 23:18. Back to the drawingboard, as per.
Hilly Fields parkrun results for event #97. Your time was 00:23:18.
Congratulations on completing your 62nd parkrun and your 59th at Hilly Fields parkrun today. You finished in 37th place and were the 4th female out of a field of 134 parkrunners and you came 2nd in your age category VW50-54. Take a look at this week's full set of results on our website. Your PB at Hilly Fields parkrun remains 00:23:04. Your best time this year remains 00:23:04.

No comments:

Post a Comment