Monday 16 June 2014

Sedentary my arse

That's me in the kitchen
16 June 2014

A rest day, but these should have activity built into them. It was grey outside, though, and chilly. My hips and arse ached, as if I'd done a proper long run yesterday. I do not hold out much hope for this half marathon on Sunday.
I spent much of the day researching and transcribing a couple of quickie interviews with Personal Trainers for a piece I'm writing for Women's Running mag. It's about reducing mileage, but sill getting stronger, leaner and faster, which is a good thing, especially for the skinny fat runner like me. What I should do, though, is more Erik Shape U stuff and other weight lifting stuff like kettle bells. I should not have spent the majority of my waking hours sat on my arse, even if my seat of choice is a Swiss ball. I managed 20 minutes yoga and core (planks, bridges) on the mat this morning, a couple of local errands on the bike and a couple of brisk walks.  Better than a poke in the eye, but still rather feeble.
My cross training habits leave much to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment