Friday 20 June 2014

Insomnia

Our local mini Stonehenge at Hillyfields. The odd druid runs up here at 5am on midsummer mornings
20.06.2014

Of course, if I am to rise at 5am on midsummer's morn, I need to sleep well through dusk and darkness. Currently worries about work (or lack of it), money, mortality, children etc pound away at the inside of my head as I try to sleep. Next door, they party, in my other ear, husband snores lustily, sometimes doing that choky sleep apnoeia thing. Can't spell that word.
The result, I awake at 1am, 3am, 4am and listen to the radio from 5. My buddy Jannet invited me to run Greenwich Hills with the rest of the group, but my legs were still tired from yesterday' Parkrun dry run on Peckham Rye. I did 22.38, which I'm not too displeased with, as I'm hormonally challenged, in a lunar way (got the painters in, as they say).
Horribly tired and hungry today though, it's the ghrelins at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment