Thursday 5 June 2014

Healthy Competition

The fast Kent AC runners chill with a pint

05.06.2014

Activities today: Training with Hyacinth and Erik at Team Shape-U, Hillyfields
This evening, at 7.30pm, Assembly League at Beckenham, running with my team, Kent AC

Still a little achey following my exertions (halo lunges, blades, pulling a 22kg weight at a run, frog, squats, balance, 4-square step ups .... I am making these names up, Erik has proper terms for them, anyway, I'll photograph an exercise sheet one day) at Hillyfields on a beautiful sunny day, see below
I did a day's editing in town, before cycling over to Beckenham for our team's 3rd assembly league of the summer series.
Kent AC's women are top team, thanks to the phenomenal Amy, who was first woman again, I presume in about 18 mins.
My performance? I was pleased to be quicker than 22.30 (this I surmise, having checked the watch of someone who was behind me. I do not wear  my Garmin for these races, because it's too depressing). However it was at Beckenham Assembly League about 4 years ago, that I nailed my 5k PB, about 21 mins, if I recall. Today my competitive spirit was as active as ever. Never mind I cannot get near 20 minuter Kate, who is 50 in November. You find your own level in these events, and my closest rival is Siggy, who was safely behind today. The woman I try to catch every week at Parkrun, speedy Sarah Young, is still recuperating from a nasty virus, so did not run well today. Nonetheles, overtaking her in the first mile, and staying ahead, felt sweet. I will record my time, when I have ascertained it.
A wonderful running day. Heavy legs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment