Monday 2 June 2014

My 51 year old runner's body

My 51 year old runner's face looks better in monochrome
02.06.2014

A Monday after a not-exactly-high-mileage weekend and I'm aching like a geriatric, which has me returning to the oft-read advice about ageing runners needing to stretch, rest, sleep and pace themselves. I suppose I ask a great deal of my ageing body. I pushed it hard round Hillyfields on Saturday, and ran home in a hurry yesterday, then worked in the garden. And did I stretch? Just a hasty pigeon and downward dog before showering.
That is possibly not what should be going on when a woman is Training Seriously.
Today was a rest day, my activities reduced to just walking in the park close to home. The weariness I feel is perhaps not merely down to running, not stretching. I slept poorly last night - husband's snoring kept waking me up - so that might be a reason. To bed then.

No comments:

Post a Comment