Friday 31 October 2014

Fright night: suitably haggard for Hallowe'en



31.10.2014
Day 200


Cycle to and from work. Pounding hangover makes morning downward dog a challenge.

It's scary, how a few drinks and a late night can throw you off pace, both physically and mentally. The cycle ride is a toil, but the weather is unseasonably warm and balmy, so there's sense in my dawdling through the parks, admiring the waterfowl and the sunlight bouncing off the Shard. The sandpaper-behind-the-eyes feeling persists through the working day, and it's all I can do to take a stroll in sunlit Embankment Gardens, where I ate avocado, lentils, rice and quinoa without much relish. A reviving afternoon, however, because my lovely workmates led by Designer David Vallade came to my desk with card, present, tea and chocolate cake. Touched, I was. Lovely to feel loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment