Thursday 30 October 2014

Protein

Nuts. lots of nuts, might help
30.10.2014
Day 199


Sitting: in theatre, in office. Fretting: when will I feel stronger? Yoga: to try to calm, extend, elongate, focus

This week I've been thinking a great deal about protein. Erik, who likes to taunt me with 'you're vegetarian, ergo you're weak', (although he'd never say ergo, of course), recommended protein powders if I really couldn't eat a nice salmon steak. Some copywriting I did for a communications firm was about Cinnamon Soho's now infamous brain burgers (calves brains deep fried with spices), all spooked up for Hallowe'en, and now I am blessed with a new Twitter follower, name of That protein, which intrigues.
Until I earn a regular income, I can't be sending off for fancy packs of chia seed and pumpkin seeds, ground to a pulp, in the hope that they may become my font of eternal youth and speed. It's my 52nd birthday on Saturday. I've planned to celebrate it with a return to Parkrun with my fellow Hillyfields Parkrunner buddy, Siggy, whose birthday is on the same day. I've warned her I'll be in the slow lane. For the rest of the day I'll be celebrating in a low key way: lots of food, plenty of alcohol. Chocolate, cake, sugar, chips. I have found, in the past, that no-holds-barred feasting improves my stamina, so it's a cheering thought, to spend the birthday week that was to have been all about fun and friends, and now looks like being work-dominated, eating more junky stuff, devoid of animal flesh, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment