Wednesday 29 October 2014

ABCs and 123s

Another wet ride coming up. It'll be dark, too
29.10.2014
Day 198



Stretch, cross training, trying to address this plantar fasciitis, cycling to and from work

The pretty Russian doctor commiserated when I told her about my plantar fasciitis.
'I suffer from it too,' she smiled
'So I only run on a treadmill, and I can't wear very flat shoes for long periods of time.'

She said she'd be happy to refer me to a physiotherapist, but he'd only give me the exercises I know about already, and don 't do often enough. She recommended trying to use my toes to write the letters of the alphabet on the floor, (with heel up or heel down, I wonder?). She also said try stretching the toes back, massaging the sore area and trying a very hot foot spa. I'm trying to do the alphabet thing now. I don't have a foot spa. I get up from my desk every hour or so, toddle down the stairs to the big disabled lavatory and try stretches and reps of heel raises. All the research I do on plantar fasciitis informs me that it could take up to a year to clear. And keep on doing the exercises.  Mr Yamauchi said to wear a splint in bed. Passion killer. Anyway, I don't have a spare £30.

No comments:

Post a Comment