Monday 13 October 2014

A bit of a wobble

13.10.2014
Day 182


Rest day. A rainy Monday, so even a walk was somewhat truncated. I did a little morning yoga and planking, and two ten minute stints on this wobble board

Want a trim waist? Go swivel. At least that's what former ballerina and current dance campaigner Darcey Bussell says she does. Her exhortation to 'swivel for ten minutes twice a day on a board' was all the encouragement I needed. I have this wobble board from Tiger, which daughter Jane and I bought a year or so ago, and which, up until now, has been gathering dust in my 'home gym' (a corner of my study, to be used when my husband's not looking, he's very disapproving of my vanity). Obsessed with that chilling NHS statistic about waists over 31 inches being a dead cert for Diabetes, and ever mindful of my Devonshire dumpling tendencies, I have been swivelling (wo)manfully.  With conviction. However, if I'm going to have double helpings of cheesecake after dinner, I can swivel till I'm blue in the face: the gluttony will still show in my waist measurement.

No comments:

Post a Comment