Tuesday 7 October 2014

Hillyfields, Team Shape-U and sunshine make it better

07.10.2014
Day 176
Team Shape-U with the lovely Erik and the lovely Tyre Slam (above), followed by a soul-restoring game with Izzy.

Weak as a kitten, I risk braining self with Erik's number 2 mallet this morning. I berate self for patheticness, but Erik stops me in my self-pitying tracks with one of his inimitable aphorisms
'you're the best thing since sliced bread...you've got to keep saying that to yourelf because exercising psychological strength is as powerful as the way you slam that tyre.'
Amen, Erik. So I go through the motions, with medicine balls battle rope, blades and balances, dumbbell swings. Luckily there're no sprinting or jumping to exacerbate my throbbing plantar fasciitis. Nonetheless, I am not firing. I'm a bit snivelly and feverish and though the sun shines brightly, the breeze is sharp through my fleece. Autumn is here. I hope my weak, softy self, all craving indulgences and nights in with hot drinks and chocolate, does not last as long. My jeans are already snug, and I do not believe the 2kg gain is all muscle.
I hope, too, the sore throat allows for my planned lido run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment