Tuesday 14 October 2014

The day job

 Greenwich Park: Not a bad looking office
14.10.2014
Day 183

Team Shape U in the morning. Soggy underfoot so Erik-Lee had Alana, Rebecca, Hyacinth and me testing our abdominals on the 6-pack wheelie rollout thing, which I should really have taken a photo of if I fail to be descriptive, plus super 21s (high knees sprints over six inch hurdles), squats with weights, balancing with a hoop, battle rope, and side step squats under a bar. Five sets. 
After this I set off for Greenwich Park, where I helped Ellie with one of her Buggy Runner classes, and envied her her day job. 

 
The Buggy Runners: up and at 'em!

Ellie Brown is the highly charismatic and energetic founder of Greenwich Pilates and the first person new mothers should turn to when they're trying to return to fitness, and find likeminded friends, post baby. Ellie has instigated a number of buggy running classes across south east London and I shall be leading the Southwark Park class every Thursday morning. So this morning I shadowed Ellie and chatted to the women and had a thoroughly good time. Despite accepting a copywriting booking for the end of the month, and applying to three editorial jobs this past week, I still harbour various Personal Trainer fantasies, in which the bosky south London parks become my office, and I can make money out of the thing I like best. I suppose I'm not doing too badly: I write for a running magazine after all, but the money I get from running-related labours isn't enough to pay my half of the mortgage. 
Yet I believe it's important that women of my age continue to fly the flag for fitness, fast work and all round fabulousness, which is why I was pleased to hear from Kathrine Switzer today, about the launch of her 261 Fearless campaign. Would I like to get involved? You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment