Wednesday 1 October 2014

Old Crock

They got my age wrong and these new trainers hurt.
01.10.2014
Day 171

Through the post comes the VLM confirmation of a Good For Age place and that exciting magazine that I remember from running London before - in 2009 and 2010.

A mix up on the day and month of my birth in 1962 has me down as being 53 when I run on 26.04.2015.

That small irritation is just one more in a series that have made this day one of those grindingly uphill ones that keep you on the edge of tears from wake up to bed down. The Asics Gel trainers I though would alleviate the plantar fasciitis make the ball of my foot throb. I do not know why. Work was horrible and the bicycle ride in to the office where no-one speaks to me except to give back my pages with amends all over them, was wet and rainy.
I ate too many biscuits to try to sweeten the fatigue and frustration, so now feel wired and fat.
The negativity, I am sure, is caused by chemical and hormonal events inside me, and the way to deal with it is to keep active and resist the urge to wallow and hang hopelessly round the peanut butter jar.
But lo! There are baby bunnies to make me smile. And they did, for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment