Tuesday 21 October 2014

Bum notes

21.10.2014
Day 190



This was supposed to be back-on-track day. However, another Tuesday evening has come and gone without my attending Kent AC training. Not only that, circuits with Erik was cancelled owing to inclement weather. Today's Tuesday training was limited to a couple of cycle rides and a couple of walks. My heel and instep hurt. My backside hurts. I feel vaguely elderly.

My right foot is glad of the rest, perhaps. My red cells would like another day to recoup. Life just got in the way today. The tailwind of the latest hurricane (see yesterday's post) to fizzle out around our coastline caused great gusts of wind and squalls of rain, which were enough to put Erik off his stride. So my Tuesday circuits were truncated to mere yoga moves and planks on the mat. I had to cycle on an emergency toiletries mission to aunt's care home at upper Sydenham, further uphill from these lofty gardens at the Horniman Museum.
Strong winds made this more of an uphill struggle than usual. The Sound Garden (pictured) had to contend with the wind whistling through the trees. Brake failure on the descent necessitated a trip to the bike mechanic in Ladywell, then renewed foot pain, sore throat and family duties all conspired against my lacing up and jogging to the track. I feel like  a wuss. I feel the flab gathering as I procrastinate ever further into my training regime. Yes, another early night, ibuprofen and no intervals endorphins to disturb healing sleep may, in the long run, help build a stronger me. On the other hand, the longer I leave off the proper speed work, the more of a bogey it will become. Autumn leaves swirl and I feel a pricking in my thumbs. I must get this malaise sorted out by Hallowe'en. 

No comments:

Post a Comment