Friday 3 October 2014

A good read

Blue sky thinking
02.10.2014

Day 172
Cycling: 10 miles to and from work, with diversion to Streatham adding a few more
Planks and bridges and stuff before breakfast. In fact I always do those, and will elaborate on my daily stretch-and-yoga stuff to remind myself that it must be done. Every single day, until I die. This is supposed to be a training blog, after all. 

So there's a development, I will mark up my training stuff in a colourful box.

Cycling swiftly back from book club, with a bellyful of Prosecco and ratatouille, chocolate cheesecake and coffee, I pondered the drunken conversation I had with our coven. (we'd discussed Miss Garnet's Ghost, by Salley Vickers, but that is not relevant to my training blog).
What is relevant is the voice I want to put out here on the blogosphere. Not everyone can be Haruki Murakami but I am desperate not to sound like one of those ubiquitous 'I run to eat cake, I'm a running mummy, I love my life, I promote gels or anything else that'll get me noticed' bloggers. This little 365-day project is something I want to read back with pleasure when I am old and spavined. Writing stuff that keeps people reading is a lovely thing, and the style and voice that really bewitches a reader is such a gift. I think Ashleigh Young has it. But have I said this before? Probably. Still, it can be said again.

No comments:

Post a Comment