Thursday 16 October 2014

Show and Tell




16.10.2014
Day 185



To Hillyfields, for circuits with Alana, Hyacinth and Rebecca, overseen by Erik, Team Shape U
We had the six-pack training wheels again, despite DOMS from that particular beast on Tuesday, along with boxing, dangling from a chin-up bar, I,Y,T,W stretches, crossbow, and squats. Nice combinations, all good for abdominals and upper back.
Thence to Southwark Park on my bike, to take my first ever Buggy Runners session
Core session this evening. Ted showed Adele, Jan, John and me good methods for dynamic warm ups, sprints, speed play, warm down and stretch.

I paid careful mind to Erik’s wisdom today, trying to keep some golden nuggets for my women. Three turned up, with babies in buggies: Paula, then Anuja and Maya. I think I may have tried too hard to make them like me, and perhaps vouchsafed too much information about tricky things like pelvic floor, and embarrassing things such as stress incontinence. I regretted making vapid comments about back fat, which made them look a bit distressed. Whether I worked them hard enough, or provided enough variety, I cannot be sure. I fished for feedback, and duly received it. The fact is, will they come back, knowing it’s me again next week?
After Southwark Park, I had little opportunity or inclination to work at my desk. I was tired after the morning, and unready for a track session in the evening, albeit far less full on than the Tuesday ones. The atmosphere down there is lovely though: one coach leading lots of little kids with javelins, another making a groaning kid do fast feet, Pete with his elites, some lone runners powering round, and Ted's little group of Kent ACers with dreams of PBs. 
I enjoy the stretching and lengthening exercise but was still uncomfortable with the sprints, for both hormonal and plantar fasciitis reasons. I will have to make some sort of doctor's appointment to see what is going on. I felt a bit old, tubby and slow, if I'm honest, particularly when it came to 12x80m sprints with 15 seconds recovery. Almost broken by the end.  A hard day, and no mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment