Monday 27 October 2014

Call to action


The loveliest bit of the cycle commute: Burgess Park
27.10.2014
Day 196



Booked in an office this week, so training has to be restricted to before/after work and lunch hours. My office on the seventh floor (120 steps) at least allows me to get in some practice for Vertical Rush in March. Cycling to and from The Strand is cross training.


Monday rest day. Sat on my arse day. Gazing at a screen day. It's exraordinary how the hours just slide past if you're not careful: 120 minutes of inaction. So I plan to stretch my legs every hour at least, for about 5 minutes. You only need a minute or two to run up and down 120 stairs. You may pass the odd co worker on the flights, but most people use the lift. No-one notices your odd behaviour, or your slightly breathless demeanour when you sit down and start tapping the keyboard again. It's all grist to the mill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment