Sunday 5 October 2014

Out of order (this is Day 173) In Poole

Down to the coast to celebrate
04.10.2014
Day 173

A rest day, supposedly, but somewhat active and alcohol soaked. A deal of cake eating, which should help tomorrow's half-marathon fuelling

My brother in law turned 60 a week or so ago, so we had a big family do at his place in Poole. This was why I very keenly took up a fellow Kent AC-er's spare place for the Bournemouth Half Marathon. A coach journey meant plenty of feet-up preparation, and the aforementioned cake-fest dealt with the carbloading. It's a shame that the sensible behaviour didn't run to moderation in alcohol consumption and a more generous sleep allowance. My heel is really paining me. I must address this plantar pain. After next weekend there will be a break from long running. Soft 5ks only: Parkrun and club cross countries. Some less jarring muddiness would be good.



No comments:

Post a Comment