Saturday 1 November 2014

Hangs head in shame

My altruistic tendencies may be the reason why...
Siggy, whose birthday is also today, ran rings round me

but it's my birthday and I'll jog if I want to, then pig out at breakfast


01.11.2014
Day 201

This was my slowest HillyfieldsParkrun in two years. My legs were weak, my breath was short, I felt like walking.
Today is my 52nd birthday. I have been determinedly cheerful, despite an execrable run this morning. I am really not feeling too well. It cannot just be giving blood two weeks ago (although it does take several weeks for the blood to replenish, as I have said before). Today, though, I feel my new age. Better, though, that I feel really loved. Wonderful, thoughtful presents from family and friends, many greetings, cake and love from Parkrun buddies.  Such love will shove the anxiety out of my head and heart for a day or so.
Then it'll be back to the drawing board, training wise. Sleep, cross training, massage, fartlek, protein. Time to change my ways.
The result was almost three minutes slower than my PB: 25.42. Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment