Monday 24 November 2014

After the deluge

My cycle ride to work...you just want to keep cycling
Dusk viewed pinkly from my office window
24.11.2014
Day 224

Monday. Cycle to work on a sharp, goldenish, blue sky day. Fingers numb under two pairs of gloves. Rest from running day, but I try to cycle energetically, and I climb the 140 stairs four times, as is my wont. The plan should be to get up from my desk once every hour, and do those stairs, in preparation for Tower 42.


After the immensely soggy, immensely active weekend I feel weary and achey. There is a pain down the side of my calf and I'm pretty sorry I Googled it, given the amount of information about peroneal tendonitits I now wish I hadn't read. I sat at my desk and dealt with worky things and all the time looked at the glorious blue, fresh early winter day outside. When the day began to fade and the boiling hot radiator at my back caused a 'is it me, or is it hot in here?' middle-aged moment I wished I could go out for a leg stretcher before darkness fell. At least I had a pleasant interlude at lunch-time. sitting out on a bench in Embankment Gardens, in the weak winter sun rays, eating my lunch and pondering the perfect job.

No comments:

Post a Comment