Thursday 27 November 2014

Trainer, blame thyself

Taking comfort in the sunshine and wildfowl
27.11.2014
Day 227

Erik cancelled out training, as it was raining at 7.30am, but by 9.30am the sun had come out and the day looked fair for Buggy Runners Buggy Runners

It's usually fun being a coach. This morning, at a bit of a loose end, because my own training was cancelled, I went to Decathlon next to Southwark Park and bought myself a minty green length of rubber – a resistance band – I tried it out while the women did their 5 minute run, then had them do side leg lifts using it tied to an immovable object.

My insomnia is making me slow and hungry by day, though, and my mood plummeted further when one of my women pulled a muscle in her back while performing strides. I am now all a lather with worry. Will her injury persist? Will she blame me? Should I have allowed them to do strides (which are quite vigorous?) Am I to blame?

No comments:

Post a Comment