Tuesday 4 November 2014

Warming to the theme again

It's beginning to feel a lot like winter
04.11.2014
Day 204

Circuit training with Alana, Hyacinth and Erik, courtesy of Team Shape U, and in the evening, my first track session in weeks, overseen by Coach Adrian Musson of Kent AC 
The morning was all about the arms and back, pull ups, arm swings with weights, presses, battle rope etc. I felt weak and half asleep. This evening's session, a mile warm up followed by 6x1000m, that's 22 times round the track, left me in a happier place.

My strength is coming back. I may not have been with the frontrunners, and Vicar's Hill and Hillyfields training may have defeated me in my barely awake state this morning, but this evening I rallied. The last 200m of every 1km rep I tried to sprint. Of course it was not a sprint, but I extended and pumped arms and had that stretched feeling in the stomach that goes with proper effort. For the first time in weeks I did not feel like giving in, but rather had a tantalising taste of running well. That satisfaction, I hope, will prompt more committed recovery efforts to nail this PF once and for all. Off I go to the stairs for my fascia stretching exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment