Saturday 29 November 2014

Inspiration, motivation, preparation

The chap in front here won in 18mins. He is a junior doctor.
Wonder what time these young women are doing these days. Both are Parkrun friends
29.11.2014
Day 229

Rest before the big race, so voluncheer at Parkrun. I see people I used to beat can now run times much faster than my PB. Try not to be depressed. Try to rest my legs, sitting down on trains and bus on my way to and from Polka Theatre (reviewing Peter Pan). Try to eat more carbs earlier in the day. Eggs and spinach for dinner. Beet drink bought. Lift organised. Walk three miles in total, thanks to being a numpty.

Running a fast 5k across country looks easy from my hi-viz position as a Parkrun voluncheer. My injured friend Andy, with his snapped achilles, was true to his word and manoevred his way on his crutche, up to the course to voluncheer. I was operating the scanner and had a happy, social time. Irritatingly I spent a good deal more time on my feet than planned – active recovery – as I had to walk back up there (another 2 miles there and back) having inadvertently taken the scanner home. The second-placed woman in this morning's Parkrun, Caroline, who also runs for Kent AC also, ran hard. She is running tomorrow's Pirie, like me. I felt inadequate for resting, but have to remind myelf I'm 20 years older. I need to make the most of non-run days and try to get to the start line in good shape. So I chose not to go out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment