Sunday 2 November 2014

Sluggish Sunday

Now there's a gloomy outlook
02.11.2014
Day 202

The day after the night before. A blustery suburban walk with husband. Intimations of mortality

In fact it was a jolly day, despite the almost constant rain. A long lie in, tea and papers in bed, leisurely breakfast with friends over West Wickham way, then catching up on work this afternoon. Plagued by hangover, I read that Amy, our top woman at Kent AC has run the New York City Marathon in 2:52. By comparison, I feel as if I could not jog to the end of the road. Perhaps the rest and almost constant eating occasioned by my birthday celebrations will give the plantar fasciitis time to heal, but as I write this I feel it throb. It has been a barrier to decent mileage for more than two months now. I have a race in less than three weeks.
This is the last day of self indulgence. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment