Wednesday 19 November 2014

More thoughts on the midlife woman

  Rediscover your joie de vivre
19.11.2014
Day 219

Achey buttocks following yesterday's training, a leisurely cycle to work, 4xstair climbs to the seventh floor (might as well put the underemployment in this lofty office space to good use).

Because I'm worth it. I will attend this event (pictured above) in the hope that a) I will find the golden key to managing the inexorable onset of the big M (enopause) in a beautiful, mindful, athletic way and b) cut through the indecision surrounding my so-called career. The two are of course related. I  think one of the worst things about being this age is the sudden realisation is that people are seeing a very different person to the one you believe yourself to be. This can make you a little fearful and defeated. Recent conversations with Kathrine Switzer and  Edith of Running Zuschi have brought such feelings to light. The job is now to bring all these ideas together, and bring women together, because there are so many who feel just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment