Sunday 31 August 2014

Chicken dipper

Long seaside run
31.08.2014

Day 141

A little bit of a mini duathlon. In preparation for this I wore my swimsit under my shorts and shirt for my long run to Branksome Dene Chine in Poole. After a reasonably fast 6 miles I'd worked up a sweat, so plunging into the icy waves was a positive pleasure. I felt (and looked) like one of those chicken-legged wiry old birds who live on the multi million pound clifftop houses and trot down the Chine every morning, every season, for a dip. One day I will join these feisty women on Christmas Day.  It did not take long to warm up after the swim, or for my swimsuit to dry under my running gear once I'd redonned trainers and picked up the pace again. How will it be on a less summery day though? Only practice, as autumn wears on, will tell. Today was officially the last day of summer, and was spent in a perfectly summery way: early doors running (12 miles plus the swim) and beach hut picnic. Even a short sunbathe.
My 12 miles run involved some faster than marathon paced miles, and strides. I felt ok. This week is proper taper. That means sleep hygiene. Cue obsessing about that it coming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment