Thursday 28 August 2014

Blob

Sought inspiration in Embankment Gardens
28.08.2014
Day 138
Midweek fatigue and impending press day at work renders this runner pretty ineffectual on her unwonted Thursday pre-breakfast trot.
Three slow miles around Ladywell Fields, sweating profusely
 I should have been circuit training with Erik of Team Shape U. That's the second one this rainy weather has put the kibosh on. My biggest worry, though, is a creeping lassitude, often associated with taper, but I think in my case it's several late nights and a fortnight of over indulgence. It's all very well telling anyone who's interested that it's fine to put  on a few pounds when a marathon is on the horizon, but I'm really going beyond the carbload. This evening my two course dinner here was not enough. I blobbed home on the bus and ate peanut butter and ricecakes, plus chocolate, before reeling into bed at 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment