Sunday 3 August 2014

Urban trail

Rus in urbs
03.08.2014
Day 113
Doesn't that woodland glade look pretty? It's actually in the London Borough of Greenwich. It's Avery Hill Park, which is on the Green Chain route. I'm looking for long-run options that I can access from my house, but which don't involve tarmac-pounding. My heel hurts after today's 18-miler, even though I tried to stay on grass and dirt. There were a few miles of suburban road, which did jar, I suppose. My hips hurt, too. I may still be fatigued from Thunder Run. As the marathon I am training for is all trail (Stonehenge to Avebury trail marathon, look it up here), I'm determined to wear one of my many pairs of trail shoes, but this niggle (feels like plantar fasciitis) seems to suggest I'm missing the cushioning. Perhaps I need to get a bit of cushioning off my belly, as I'm a little above my optimum running weight, the result of rather too many cakes and ale. I'm finding it difficult to turn on speed and keep from middle jiggling. My pelvic floor was less than effective this morning. Hormonal changes in the perimenopausal woman translate to occasional soggy gussets. Should have worn my super duper EVB shorts. And CLENCHED. At least in a woodland glade, even a suburban one, you can nip behind a tree for a wee.

No comments:

Post a Comment