Sunday 31 August 2014

Three seconds

Faster women pose for the tweet
30.08.2014
Day 140

When you're volunteering at Parkrun, watching the pack, only the real frontrunners, the 17 and 18-minute 5k merchants seem to be running fast. The women who routinely trounce me look to be almost jogging. Yet when you're in the race and they're way ahead of you, and you fantasise about jaunting to their position, wondering how many seconds ahead they may have on you (answer is in the results page, Dee, the woman in the green, was 138 seconds in front of me) and you're toiling sweatily in their wake, they seem to be very gazelles to your ponderous lumber. So it was this morning. I simply could not make my legs and arms propel me just three seconds faster. Four seconds, and a PB would have been mine. Not this morning. Maybe in two weeks' time.
Hilly Fields parkrun results for event #106. Your time was 00:23:07.

No comments:

Post a Comment