Friday 8 August 2014

A recovery run

#runlikeahappydog
08.08.2014
Day 118

One of my favourite coverlines on Runner's World magazine is 'run like a happy dog'. I use it often in my tweet, which are so often of dogs.
Today's photo was taken while out on a steamy, cloudy morning promising rain from Hurrican Bertha. The air is so thick and laden with moist heat you feel like slicing it, so you envy this jolly lab/collie  cross enjoying his refreshing dips in the River Ravensbourne. I was out stretching my legs after yesterday's action. The dog is called Harry and I had a conversation with his owner, Chris. Her story is familiar and poignant. She had breast cancer last year, and Harry helped to see her through it. Animalsare therapeutic. Running is therapeutic, I wrote today. A little bit of both will see me right when I am down.

No comments:

Post a Comment