Thursday 7 August 2014

Put to the test

AM
PM
07.08.2014
Day 117

A busy day for this serious runner. In the morning, Erik put Jannet and me through our paces, and we looked askance in friendly rivalry at each other's rep records. When one managed 67 arm reaches from the plank poition, the other would aim for 69. When we were told a woman boxer could do 18 or 19 rope-with-side run circuits, we both tried harder to get past 14.
Jannet and I met up again in Hackney for the penultimate Assembly League of the season, Kent AC are currently in first position. That isn't down to my fantastic 5.5km running, although I was pleased with myself tonight, I felt good after 3km, and knew I'd be able to push a sprint at the end. Sarah Young and Kate were ahead of me, but not too far ahead. It will be good to find out the full results and compare them with my time from the second Assembly League race, which took place here in beautiful Victoria Park back in June. It was raining then, but this evening was beautifully rosy and very warm. That is evident from my puce face, post race.

No comments:

Post a Comment